There is a part of your conscience or spirit that is eager or has the desire to become a referee. Its an aspiration rooted in the love of the game. Being here automatically means that you are ready to heed this calling.
Rugby across the nation would not be possible without the support and dedication of many volunteers, including match officials without whom games, leagues, tournaments, festivals, and cup competitions could not take place. Whether you’re a current player considering life after hanging up your boots, a keen parent, or just curious young lad who wants to know what it’s like to have the BEST seat in the house, you’ll find that refereeing is rewarding, challenging, and, above all, great fun.
Taking up the whistle gives you the BEST seat in the house!
There is a host of reasons why men and women across the nation area take up the whistle:
- To remain active in the sport following injury or retirement from playing
- To make new and lasting friends within the game, or
- To gain a sense of achievement by providing an invaluable service to players, coaches, and spectators alike.
BUT here is why most of us do it:
- Because it is not easy and it is a physically and mentally a fantastic challenge to improve continually,
- We get to travel around KENYA and the world to referee on pitches that most of us would never have an opportunity to play on otherwise
- BONUS: you get compensated for being on the pitch
- Contact us through email@example.com
- Take the online World Rugby Ready module.
- Take the online World Rugby Laws Exam.
- Take the online First Aid in Rugby
- Take the online Key Factors Analysis
- Take the World Rugby Level 1 Officiating Course. This One-day introductory course enables officials to acquire the necessary skills to officiate safe, enjoyable competition. Visit Kenya Rugby Union for course dates and details.
If you wish to develop further as a referee once you have completed the Level 1 course, your local referee society is on hand to help. You will then be able to progress as far as your abilities and ambition allow.